5280 Waste Solutions has developed a fully compliant LEED® recycling and reporting program for our customers, and we have an in-depth understanding of local market conditions, facilities, and requirements.
Denver Recycling and LEED©
Depending upon your needs, we provide waste stream sampling, planning, and consultation ranging from informal suggestions to formal program development.
In addition, we conduct pre-planning surveys to identify source points for waste, as well as appropriate systems and steps for separation, staging, recycling, and disposal.
To help you meet LEED® requirements and sustainability goals, we work to identify all recoverable materials categories and systems. We are versed in all phases of LEED® planning and reporting, services including:
- Characterization of waste and design systems
- Representative sample collection
- Physical sorting into categories
- Waste profiling, including weights and volumes
5280’s detailed LEED® production services report includes:
- Summary report of weights and volumes suitable for LEED® certification
- A written description of the audit process and results
- Graphical chart of waste categories, broken out by weight percentages
- Recommendations to maximize recycling and minimize landfill contributions
5280 Waste′s team has extensive LEED® experience. Project partners include:
- Auraria Campus Science Building (Metropolitan State College of Denver and University of Colorado Denver)
- Department of Commerce, renovation of Building 1 at the NIST Boulder Laboratories
- Buckley Air Force Base, Alert Crew Quarters
- Buckley Air Force Base, Weapons Release Building
- Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design
- U.S. Custom House
- Homes for Our Troops, Elizabeth Residence